Update – Sept 5th, 2016
After three weeks of swashbuckling and intense squash, here is how the league table looks like. Still a long way to go for the knock out stages and we are expecting some more upsets along the way. Watch out for the next update to see where the players finish up. This is exciting, this is squash.
DLF Phase 5, Club 5 proudly announces the launch of its first ever Squash Ladder Tournament. Scheduled to run over 2 months, watch 12 equally matched players fight it out to be called the best squash player in Gurgaon.
There will be blood, sweat and tears as 12 athletes square up against each other to win in the most cardio intensive sport.
There will be good length shots, there will be accurate drops, there will be lobs hugging the back court and there will be powerful straight drives.
Watch this space for unlimited squash action as the players gear up for 3 months of intense squash action. Watch out for the player profiles.
Format & Schedule
1) 12 players play against each other in a round robin format. Total of 66 games. League ends on October 1st.3 points for a victory.
2) League matches to be played over 6 weekends. Matches to be held between 8 am to 11 am on Saturdays and Sundays.
3) Best of 5 matches. All games are race to 11 with standard squash rules being applied. All matches to be held at Dlf phase 5 club.
4) Matches to be officiated by the coach at the club or if the coach is unavailable by one of the other players waiting outside. If both options are not available then matches to be self officiated.
5) Top 4 in the league get a bye into quarters.
6) Players finishing from 5 to 12 will go into a pre-quarterfinals to be played on October 8th.
Player finishing 5th vs Player Finishing 12th (Match 1)
Player Finishing 6th vs Player finishing 11th (Match 2)
Player Finishing 7th vs Player finishing 10th (Match 3)
Player Finishing 8th vs Player Finishing 9th (Match 4)
7) Quarter Finals to be played on 15th October.
Player Finishing 1st vs Winner of Match 4. (Match 5)
Player Finishing 2nd vs Winner of Match 3. (Match 6)
Player Finishing 3rd vs Winner of Match 2. (Match 7)
Player Finishing 4th vs Winner of Match 1. (Match 8)
8) Semi- Finals to be played on 16th October.
Winner of Match 5 vs Winner of Match 8. (Match 9)
Winner of Match 6 vs Winner of Match 7. (Match 10)
9) Grand Finale to be held on October 23rd.
Winner of Match 9 vs Winner of Match 10
Runner-up of Match 9 vs Runner of Match 10.
10) Top three positions will get trophies.
11) All players will be asked via email their availability for the following weekend. Players to reply no later than Thursday with their preferred day(Saturday or Sunday) and the time slot. You can choose to play on both days or if you are up to it you can play two games in a day.
12) If any player is unable to finish their allotted 11 league games by October 1st, a further extension of one week will be given. If the games are still unfinished then the player hands over a bye to the opponent.
Please get in touch with Sandeep Nair at 98730 76190 for more details or enter your details below to register.
Brief profile of some participating players below.